What do a book, a pocketknife and a screen have in common? Let me tell you.
Last week Ryan and I had gone to the temple and Ryan's brother Darren was nice enough to watch the kids. They went to bed before we got home and it was quiet when we came downstairs. I was doing a couple things in the kitchen when I hear all of this commotion. Ryan had gone into the kids room and what does he find, but Clark outside in the window well. What was he doing there we ask? Apparently he was reading this book using a flashlight underneath his covers and it was kinda scary. (As a side note on the book - the Librarian had recommended it as a good one.) Anyway, he had heard us come downstairs and thought we were robbers, so he had gotten his pocket knife out of his nightstand, opened the window, cut the screen and had crawled out onto the rocks and was trying to get out of the window well when Ryan found him.
I just don't understand. What was he going to do when he got out? What about Bella? I guess she was just on her own. How would a robber get past Darren and Grandpa (who was also home)? And to top it off, it was only about 40 degrees outside!!
The next morning we had just gotten up and Clark suddenly runs upstairs (in his pajamas). What on earth? He came back with his pocketknife that he had thrown up on the ground above the window. Good thing we didn't forget that!
9 years ago




10 comments:
Oh my goodness! Poor guy! No more scary books for him! I'll keep the pocketnife next to my bed for next time I get scared.
This story is Hilarious! I'm sure you didn't think so at the time, however. Man. Clark has got one imagination: )
That is so funny(I'm sure it wasn't at the time)! You need to thank the libraian for the reccomendation next time you see her-hehe!
To funny! What was the book he was reading?
OK--I thought you weren't going to post it! Though I'm glad you did, everyone else deserves to hear that hilarious story. It still makes me laugh!!!
I'm glad you posted this story. I love the picture!! I thought he just cut alittle slit not a huge hole. Cute pictures of Bella in her bed too!!
That is a great story, thanks for sharing it.
I totally died when I read that story! LOL!!! And it takes a lot for something I read to make me laugh out loud.
This is amazing. He is a smart kid! Seriously, the fact that he thought of that and acted so quickly is pretty impressive. (sorry about that hole in the screen, though...) I probably would have screamed in my bed, which would have let the 'robbers' know exactly where I was. Anyway, classic.
Oh my goodness, that's too funny!
At least he wasn't afraid to take action.
Post a Comment