Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Happenings

I am all about the re-using costumes this year - we are still trying to get things in order around here. Bella has been talking for a year about being Little Bo Peep, again, so why break her heart?


Lucy was to large to be the little tiny sheep she was last year, but we had a couple of Bella's old things to choose from. It took some convincing but I got Ryan back into his 'cave man' costume for a few hours for the church party but he wasn't ready for another picture. So just Lucy and her 'cave woman' mama for your viewing pleasure!

Now, Clark on the other hand, he doesn't fit into old items. I asked him about a month ago what he wanted to be and he told me he wanted to be an ipod nano. What? OK, how are your going to be that? I figured that he would come up with something else, but no. He really wanted to be a nano, figured out how it should be made and waited until Thursday (after the World Series game) to get going. (See, he had to have it ready for school on Friday morning!) He went to bed without much of a costume and here is what he ended up with the next morning:


Really, I was kinda impressed with myself. I liked the back best. He liked it too, so I guess the late night paid off. He said that next year he isn't going to be some kind of 'box' costume (last year was the rubix cube). We will see.

5 comments:

Cami said...

OK--your IPOD was way better than the kid in my ward. Clark should be so glad he has such a great mom who will stay up until all hours making a costume. If I can't order it online--they don't get it.

Shar said...

Hello creative! I'm commissioning you next year to make our costumes. You seem to do fairly well in the creative department!

The Foulgers said...

Rachelle, Clark's costume is amazing! I can't believe you whipped that up in one evening. I think that would take me weeks. So fun to see your kids all dressed up, just adorable!

HomeschoolRulz3 said...

The kids said "Clark always comes up with the coolest ideas". How creative!

Heather Matthews said...

We wanted to let you know about our new site: www.MommyGiggles.com.

Mommy Giggles is a site where moms submit funny pictures to share with other moms to get a giggle out of. They can either be pictures of their kids or of other hilarious “mommy moments”

We are contacting you to see if you have a funny picture that we could post – we would of course give you the credit, and also post your blog (if you want). There is also a $25 Amazon Gift card drawing to everyone who submits a photo each month.

We also would appreciate if you could spread the word about our site to other moms too!

We hope you will get a “giggle” out of our site.

Warmest Regards,

Heather Matthews & Heidi Werry

Like Us On Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mommy-Giggles/180580521989697
Follow Us On Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/MommiGiggles