Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Little Surprise

A few weeks ago I went to K-Mart (not my favorite store, but I don't have too many choices that are close to our home :). As I was going in I noticed the little carousal going but no kids were on it. You know, those little rides they put outside stores to torture both children and parents; children because they ALWAYS want to ride and parents because the kids are ALWAYS asking to ride them. Anyway, I am kinda a mean parent who doesn't want to ever let my kids ride because if I do it one time I am supposed to let them every time and if they do ride and are happy for 2 minutes when it is over they have forgotten that I let them ride and cry because it is over. Anyway, this one was going and no one was on it, so I thought, I can be a nice mom and put Bella on it to ride until it is done, she might like it. So I stick her on a little horse expecting it to go for another 30 seconds or so, if we are lucky. But to my surprise, it just kept going. After 5 minutes I finally took her off (and she cried) and went into the store. When I came out it was still going. Amazing. I am sure they have since fixed it so they can keep gouging parents, but it was kinda fun, I guess.

2 comments:

Kahanu said...

Those things kill me too. I let my kids ride it every once in a while but it always come back to get me like you said-they're mad because it has ended. Like our lovely Wal Mart with the arcade right by the checkout-how convenient.

Cami said...

NICE!!! How come things like that can't happen to me. I am the mean parent that usually never lets my kids ride those germ infested rides, but when I occasionally feel charitable, I put the money in and it doesn't work!! That is my luck....