Tuesday, September 29, 2009

CA Trip

If I don't get a few things posted about the summer it is never going to happen...we spent a month in California - split between San Franscisco and Bakersfield. San Franscisco has much better weather, but it was good to visit family in both places! Here are a couple highlights...


Our visit to the ocean in Northern California:
The ocean was COLD! It was a beautiful day but VERY windy - you can see Bella & Clark in their jackets but Clark still wanted to do a little wading in the frigid water!


San Franscisco visit:
Lombard street - I really enjoyed driving down it and checking out the cool houses; I don't know if the kids really were all that impressed!

At the Pier...we saw the sea lions, alcatraz and I got a sour dough bread bowl with hot clam chowder. YUM! (The rest of the family ate too, but personally I thought they were missing out since they didn't get the bread and soup :)



What is a visit to San Francisco without the Golden Gate Bridge? We drove over the bridge (and we have a lot of driving pictures on the camera thanks to Clark) and took these pictures on the other side looking back at the city. It was a really fun visit!


3 comments:

Cami said...

I see how it is---you hate our weather and you don't post any pictures of us. Just Kidding!

Jacks said...

Oh they totally missed out on the bread bowl. We spent our honeymoon in San Fran and I loved it. The houses, the food, the sea lions....

Great pics!

the Wilcox Family said...

Sounds like a fun time! I love that place (weirdly enough, my favorite was Alcatraz). Also, beautiful pics of Bella on the previous post. . .she is a cutie!