Wednesday, September 9, 2009

FAQ

This post is for the benefit of all those who do not live close...most of our family, many friends, etc. Since it has been almost 10 years since I have been pregnant there are a couple common questions I get so hopefully these will help out.

1. Q: Do you look pregnant?
A: YES! What do you think this basketball is that I am carrying around! :) And I am even posting a picture, even though I really am not a fan of self portraits. I look like I am going to fall over backwards but anyway, here it is.
According to a lady in California when I was there in July, she didn't think I was going to make it till October and thought I MUST be having twins. But most other people don't seem to agree with her appraisal.

2. Q: How are you feeling?
A: OK overall. I certainly can't complain and know it could be much worse but I have to say that doing this 10 years ago was definitely easier! I am grateful for this miracle, so I am just going with it!

3. Q: When are you due?
A: Technically, October 11th but Clark was 2 weeks early...can't I hope for that again?

4. Q: Do you have a name picked out?
A: No...still a work in progress. If you have any suggestions that are not currently on the top 10 list of names for girls, please leave them in the comment section. (I really like many of those names but when you have a last name as common as we do we have to try and find some originality somewhere else!)

Within the next month we should have pictures of a new baby and a name for her so even though I have been a terrible blogger as of late, check back sometime!

9 comments:

Rebekah said...

pregnancy looks good on you!! congrats on #3!

Jacks said...

Wow - you look good for just about 9 months. I think you are tiny.

And as for names, my girls suggested Ursula and Malificent. I'm pretty sure those are not on the top 10.

Emily Ruth said...

It makes me laugh when people give comments like, "You look like you might not make it till your due date".
First of all, for all the many reasons you shouldn't imply to a pregnant woman she looks large...
But secondly because babies come out all different sizes--anywhere from 6-12 lbs and beyond that. So why wouldn't women be different sizes as well?
I think you look beautiful and just right for a Smith Baby: )

Stacey said...

Congratulations! I just have to ask if the person who told you you were large was an old lady? I totally got that too. It's quite another thing when you get it from a doctor because that actually happened to my sister. She didn't find out she was pregnant with twins until her 20 wk ultrasound, and her doctor had to apoligize. I like Karina and Kambrea. Good luck!

Diana said...

Hang in there Rachelle. I'm so excited to see you welcome another little one into your sweet family. By the way,did people come up to you and say that you are having a boy because you carry low? I had people tell me that with every pregnancy :).

Kahanu said...

You look fabulous!!! I agree with the above comment that pregnancy looks good on you!

Krissy said...

You look darling, Rachelle. :) Cute, cute. People would cringe in pain looking at me just before Drew was born. If you want to feel better, go to http://ksmiths.blogspot.com/2008/12/last-prego-pics.html

Anonymous said...

thanks for putting up the pic for those who don't live close, to see! you look really great! so here are a couple of girl names we've had on our list that we haven't used yet:
Janie
Mallory
Reagan

Anonymous said...

You look awesome. The lady in Cal is funny because you are much smaller tham me & I am not even pregnant :). I enjoy your blog & even your sisters' blogs. Your entire family is so nice (and has always been). It is neat to see how all of the girls have grown up (they all look the same just a little older). Your dad looks like he is enjoying all of the grandbabies!!! Well, best of luck with #3 and I can't wait to see pictures!!!

Amy "Poole" Rich