I took Bella to the doctor today because we have had a rough couple of days. She cried when we held her, she cried when we put her down. Normally she is happy little girl. Although I don't want my kids to be sick, when they are, I am happy when we go to the doctor and they find something wrong. I think it is the worst when you know your kids are sick and need some help and you take them in and they say, "Oh they will be fine in a week. Just keep suffering through." Luckily in my case today, they did find that Bella's little ears were both infected. I walked out happy to have a prescription to give her under the assumption that she will be feeling much better tomorrow.
One other thought on sick kids. I think you can tell how sick the kids are by looking at their mothers. I was getting ready to go this morning and looked at myself in the mirror with my bloodshot eyes from not getting enough sleep and thought, surely they will take pity on us. A mom that looks like I did, a baby that cries and cries and has a red nose. I was looking around at the doctors office and saw similar moms; hats on over the pulled back hair; more puffy eyes; disheveled clothes, etc. At least I had company!
9 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment