Friday, January 25, 2008

Sweet Moment

It comes as no surprise that after what seems like weeks of wiping runny noses and having kids that sneeze and spread germs everywhere that the adults have succumbed to being sick with colds as well. This morning I woke up with almost no voice. (As a side note, Ryan's is just about gone as well but Clark didn't know that since he was already gone before Clark woke up.) So when Clark came in and I croaked like a frog he wondered what was wrong with his mom. He is almost 8 and is starting to not be so clueless when it comes to observing things around him. I didn't know if this day was going to come! I explained that I was sick and my voice wasn't very good today. He asked if it was going to come back, which I assured him it would although I wasn't sure when that would be. Anyway, I am getting to the sweet moment. He got ready for school and went to say prayers before he left. I asked him to say them to conserve whatever sound I haven't lost. He said his usual things and then said, "...and especially bless mom that she can get better soon." That is the sweet moment. He is growing up and saw a way to help me and did it!

0 comments: